An adventure tour like no other, this trip will take you through the Hoover Dam with views from land and by water. The float trip lasts approximately 30 minutes and gives you spectacular views of the dam. You will also have an hour and a half to explore all that there is to see of the Hoover Dam, including being able to walk across to the Arizona side.
Times and Location
Departing Time: 9:30AM
Duration: Approximately 5.5 hours
Departing: Las Vegas
Destination: Hoover Dam
- Visit to the Hoover Dam
- Float trip down Colorado River
- Walk the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Unlimited coffee at check-in
- Narrated tour in deluxe motor coach
- Photo opportunities at Lake Mead and Colorado River
- 1.5 hours at Hoover Dam with access to observation desk, Visitor’s Center, theater, and exhibit rooms
Need to know
- Small oxygen tanks are permitted
- Service dogs may travel if all paperwork is correct and current
- You will not be able to enter the generator rooms at the bottom if you have a different later implant and/or a pacemaker
This is the most exciting way to see the Hoover Dam from top to bottom. It all begins once you board your coach from your Vegas hotel. Your driver/tour guide will narrate the entire trip, telling you about the history of the area as well as distinct ask about Las Vegas. Once you arrive at the Hoover dam, you will have an hour and a half to explore everything, which includes the water intake towers, the visitor’s center, the exhibit halls, and more. You will also be able to walk across the top of the dam in order to enter the Arizona side, allowing you to have one foot in Nevada and one foot in Arizona.
The Colorado float trip will then take you to the base of the dam, allowing you to follow the same road many men and women traveled daily when they built the dam. The Colorado River provides a smooth trip that allows you to see the dam from the bottom, a rare and exciting opportunity. The Coast Guard-approved raft is comfortable and will be your host for the 30 minute trip.
Once you have seen the Hoover Dam from top to bottom, you will then board the coach and return to your Vegas hotel.