Looking for something different to do in Las Vegas? The Hoover Dam VIP trip offers you the chance to learn more about the rich history of the Hoover Dam. You are given a unique opportunity to take a look at an exclusive film that details the dam’s construction and more key facts about the structure are provided throughout the course of your trip.
Times and Location
Departing Time: 7:00 AM
Duration: Approximately 7 hours
Departing: Las Vegas, NV
Location: Hoover Dam
- Courtesy premium pickup and drop off. Travel in style in a smooth, comfortable Mercedes Benz
- Refreshments on board
- Personal VIP travel pack
- Photo opportunities of Lake Mead, Colorado River, Boulder City and Black Canyon
- Experience the movie, generator room, exhibit halls, observation deck
- Lunch at the High Scaler Cafe
- Walk across the Mike O’Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Hoover Dam Bypass bridge
- Stop at the Las Vegas Welcome sign
- “Winged Figures of the Republic”: This bronze masterpiece is directly across the street from the Visitor’s Center. A presentation at this site discusses the concepts the artist had mind in creating the statues, as well as the star map located at its base.
- The Old Exhibit Building: Used as a headquarters for soldiers during World War II, this building is located around the corner from the winged figures.
- The Nevada Intake Tower: From this location on the Nevada side of the dam, visitors will learn about the power of water in generating electricity and some of the artwork incorporated into the towers surrounding the power plant elevators.
- You will have astonishing views and photo opportunities as you walk across the newly built Pat Tillman-Mike O’Callaghan Memorial Bridge.
- Theater Level Displays: Murals, maps, photos and other displays provide an introduction to Hoover Dam history.
- Theater One: “How the West was Won”: This presentation describes the contribution of the Bureau of Reclamation in taming the rivers and its contribution in helping settle the West and growing the food that feeds the nation.
- The Power Plant Generators: Take the large elevators 500 feet down through the wall of Black Canyon, walk through a 250-foot long tunnel drilled out of rock, and view the 650-foot long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators.
- Penstock Viewing Platform: View one of the four huge 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
- The Exhibit Gallery: Located on the plaza level of the Visitor’s Center, these exhibits highlight some of the natural history of the region and present a picture of how Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. It may be accessed by taking the stairs or elevator located in the center of the theater level.
- The Overlook: May be accessed by taking the stairs or elevator adjacent to the Exhibit Gallery. There is a beautiful panoramic view from the observation deck that encompasses Lake Mead and the Colorado River. Camera enthusiasts will want to photograph the view. A guide will point out significant features of the dam and its surroundings. Inside the observation room is a sculpture presented by businesses in the Colorado River Lower Basin States whose customers cover the cost of operating the dam.
Need To Know
- If you are not picked up within five minutes of your pick-up time, do not wait. Please CALL US IMMEDIATELY.
- Service dogs may travel with the correct and current paperwork.
- Small oxygen tanks are permitted.
The Hoover Dam VIP trip offers you the chance to learn more about the rich history of the Hoover Dam. You are given a unique opportunity to take a look at an exclusive film that details the dam’s construction and more key facts about the structure are provided throughout the course of your trip.
Those who wish to find out more about the inner workings of Hoover Dam are in luck. You’ll receive a first hand look and have the ability to explore areas of the dam that most will never have the chance to see during their lifetimes.
The exhibit halls are toured by each group that we bring to the dam and our guests also get to take a closer peek at the observation deck and check out the Visitor’s Center.
The High Scaler Cafe serves as a wonderful setting for lunch time and you will be spellbound by all of the breathtaking views of Hoover Dam. You will have more photo opportunities and spectacular views to enjoy as you take a leisurely stroll across the Tillman-O’Callaghan Memorial Bridge (which just so happens to be newly built).
Your day is ended with a peaceful and comfortable ride back to Las Vegas. We understand how important it is for you to make your way back to the city of lights to start your next adventure.
• Free Wi-Fi is on our buses and VIP vans. This is a complimentary service provided for our customers use. As with all Wi-Fi in transit, it can be unpredictable with periods of no reception.
• Charter the entire VIP Mercedes for your private group VIP tour with the minimum of eight passengers. Call today to reserve your special group VIP tour.